Happy Family Weekend from the Bi-Co Orchestra

This weekend was family weekend at Bryn Mawr and it was a great weekend for families and students! Now let’s be real, a few years ago, I’d be so embarrassed for my family to come visit me in sIMG_6358chool (clarification, high school, not college), but now at Bryn Mawr, it is a weekend that I can’t wait for. It is always so wonderful to see the proud looks on my parents face when they see all that I am doing.

Last night in Thomas Great Hall, there was a concert including the Bi-Co Orchestra, Chorale and many acapella groups. The concert ran for about an hour and a half and was well received by parents (of course parents are going to tell you how good you are though.) The concert ended with the college hymn performed by the orchestra, chorale, and the college’s offical acapella group, the Night Owls.

The orchestra had a very interesting time playing in TGH. We usually rehearse and play our concerts at Marshall Auditorium at Haverford-the acoustics in TGH was very weird. However, our conductor said we did a great job, so I think the orchestra is pretty versatile.

The orchestra will play again next weekend at Haverford’s family weekend, with our full concert on November 21st at Haverford!