A Positive Word

The days are getting shorter, the homework is getting tougher, the world is getting scarier, but we need to keep moving forward.

It’s okay to have a bad day, or a few bad days. After all, flowers need rain to grow. But sometimes, all you need is a little bit of positivity to reverse your bad day. It can all start with a smile from a stranger. One of the reasons why I love Bryn Mawr is because I see the interactions between students every day. I se students actually smiling at each other as they pass by, rather than avoiding eye contact when going to classes.

The past few weeks-and days-have been pretty awful. I am a huge fan of quotes, so I have some inspirational quotes that I’d like to share with you all. Whenever I am having a rough day, or am feeling sad, I usually look up quotes to try to make myself feel a little bit better. Whether you need some motivation to finish a problem set or essay, a little bit of positivity if you’re feeling down, or maybe a little bit of hope after the tragic past few days, I hope these quotes make you feel just a little bit better.

• We know what we are, but not what we may be” William Shakespeare.
    • AKA, do NOT give up on yourself. Where you are right now, is not final, you can change yourself for the better!
  • “There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it” Edith Wharton.
  • “Find out who you are and be that person. That’s what your soul was put on this Earth to be. Find that truth, live that truth and everything else will come” Ellen Degeneres.
  • “You can do what you have to do, and sometimes you can do it even better than you think you can” Jimmy Carter.
  • “A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference” Winnie the Pooh.
  • “When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable” Walt Disney.